Journey to the West – Day 32


I woke up during the night, sick as a dog.  (Sniffling, sneezing, coughing, aching, stuffy head, fever…)  I got out of bed and took some Tylenol and Benadryl, and shoved Kleenex in my nose.  I snuggled back into bed and Adrian rolled over, looked at me, and said, “You’re so pretty.  Even with Kleenex shoved in your nose.”  (Aww… I think I’ll keep him.)  

Way too soon, Adrian’s alarm clock rang.  I was so tired, and felt so yucky.  He asked me if I wanted him to stay with me, but I didn’t want to make him miss work.  He tucked the blankets around me and left for work.  The Littles slept until 8:30.  YAY!!  When they woke up, I forced myself to get out of bed.  I made pop tarts and apple slices for the Littles – breakfast of champions.  I drank a few cups of coffee, hoping I’d start to feel more alive…it didn’t work.  I spent much of the day, freezing or sweating, snuggled on the couch watching movies with the Littles.  For lunch, Abbie and I worked together to make sandwiches.  We served them with chips and cookies.  After lunch, the kids worked on writing letters and coloring pictures.  

I felt awful!  I didn’t take the kids outside to play at all.  I just couldn’t do it.  I felt so yucky!

Adrian called me and told me that he’d taken the Ford truck, the one he wanted, to the Ford dealership to have it inspected.  They found a few issues, so Adrian brought the truck back to the dealership to negotiate with the owner.  As soon as Adrian asked the owner if he was willing to negotiate, the owner lied to Adrian and told him that the man who put a deposit on the truck had come up with the funds.  Why, then, had he let Adrian take the truck to be inspected??  Why was he looking over our Excursion to tell us what he’d give us for it on trade??  Adrian told the owner that he’d soon be out of business, doing business like that.  The owner asked Adrian for the printout that he’d gotten from the Ford dealership,  Adrian said, “No.  You can go pay for your own inspection.”  What a bummer!  From there, Adrian and his friend went and looked at a few other trucks.  He found one that has potential.  He will be taking it to the Ford dealership tomorrow to have it inspected.

Adrian finally came home just before 7PM.  By then, I was in bed.  I just couldn’t stay up any longer.  I was so tired and felt so rotten.  The big Littles took care of the wee Littles while I laid down.  Adrian sent the kids out for a bike ride with Ike, and he made dinner.  The kids and Adrian ate leftovers, I ate soup.  After dinner, I went back to bed.  Adrian and the Littles cleaned up the camper.  (Well, they did the best they could.)  The kids watched a movie, and then it was bedtime.  After the craziness of putting the cribs together and making the beds, the Littles were snuggled into bed.  Eliyjah wasn’t ready for bed, so he snuggled in bed with Adrian and me for a little while before falling asleep.  After Adrian put Eliyjah in his crib, I noticed that the camper was shaking.  I was feeling so yucky, and the shaking camper put me right over the edge.  I sent Adrian into the kids’ room to tell them to stop moving.  As soon as he got back into bed, the shaking started again…  It was the wind.  Ugh!!  Just as I was figuring out how to ignore the shaking, and was drifting off to sleep, I heard a moth flapping it’s wings and slamming against the ceiling and walls.  Adrian was already snoring.  I woke him up and asked him to please take care of the bat-like moth.  He grumbled a bit, then turned on the light.  The moth eluded him.  He turned off the light again and climbed back into bed.  As soon as he started snoring, again, the moth started flapping it’s wings and slamming against the ceiling and walls.  I woke Adrian up and asked him to please take care of the moth.  Again, he turned on the light and, again, the moth eluded him.  He turned off the light and got back into bed.  Seconds later, he was snoring and the moth was flying.  ARGH!!  At last, sleep took over…even with the noisy moth and the shaking camper.


Leave a comment

Filed under Family, The Journey West

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s